Discussion Forum - Northstar Chevelle Club

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Engined Dyno today


2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Engined Dyno today
Permalink  
 


Finally had the opportunity to do the Dyno on the engine. The engine builder and EP of Egan did the work. They were really conscious. Kept increasing the jet size and timing until he was sasistied. Then did a cruise run, etc.

 



Attachments
__________________

Jim L

Lake City



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 6778
Date:
Permalink  
 

Good to hear you got this done.
Do you have a tentative date for install ?

__________________

Mitch D.   River Falls, WI

Charter member of the "Cars apart Club"

Some Assembly Required

1966 Chevelle SS 396 M20

1970 Chevelle SS 396 M20



President

Status: Offline
Posts: 1685
Date:
Permalink  
 

Do you have any dyno sheets you can post? Curious how that combination worked.



__________________

Chris P
East Central, Mn

66 Chevelle 300 deluxe



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lost in the 60s wrote:

Good to hear you got this done.
Do you have a tentative date for install ?


 No, Dereck the engine builder was doing another Dyno and he would fit me in if I could make it.



__________________

Jim L

Lake City



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

67ss wrote:

Do you have any dyno sheets you can post? Curious how that combination worked.


 He did 5 runs to get the fuel where he wanted it and the timing. This was the final run.



-- Edited by jim larson on Saturday 15th of May 2021 09:33:47 AM

Attachments
__________________

Jim L

Lake City



President

Status: Offline
Posts: 1685
Date:
Permalink  
 

Dang that is a Nice flat torque curve.  That is going to be an awesome street engine.



__________________

Chris P
East Central, Mn

66 Chevelle 300 deluxe



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

67ss wrote:

Dang that is a Nice flat torque curve.  That is going to be an awesome street engine.


 The Dyno guy said the same thing.



__________________

Jim L

Lake City



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 6778
Date:
Permalink  
 

jim larson wrote:
67ss wrote:

Dang that is a Nice flat torque curve.  That is going to be an awesome street engine.


 The Dyno guy said the same thing.


 I'm not surprised. The engine guy builds engines for dirt track cars and that's they want. It will work just as well on the street.

Now you'll need a posi to keep from burning off the right tire...thumbsup



__________________

Mitch D.   River Falls, WI

Charter member of the "Cars apart Club"

Some Assembly Required

1966 Chevelle SS 396 M20

1970 Chevelle SS 396 M20



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 79
Date:
Permalink  
 

That thing has some sauce!  It’ll be a great little engine.  



__________________

In today’s digital world, don’t be afraid to embrace some analog.  My father tells me I was born 30 years late.

 1968 Malibu

Gavin H. Otsego



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lost in the 60s wrote:
jim larson wrote:
67ss wrote:

Dang that is a Nice flat torque curve.  That is going to be an awesome street engine.


 The Dyno guy said the same thing.


 I'm not surprised. The engine guy builds engines for dirt track cars and that's they want. It will work just as well on the street.

Now you'll need a posi to keep from burning off the right tire...thumbsup


Regarding the posi, it has what I believe is the original posi (Dana) from the factory. The gears have been. changed to a 3:55.  I don’t know if they messed with the posi or not; but it does not work.  I was able to find a set of NOS clutches for it. Who knows what is wrong with it. It’s a 10 bolt.  Just happen to have a 12 bolt and posi (eaton ) in the garage



__________________

Jim L

Lake City



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 6778
Date:
Permalink  
 

Oh yeah, I remember that from last year. Posi carrier as was in the Corvette's.
We do have a differential expert in the club. He has the 3.36 carrier, I bought from your friend, and is rebuilding it.

__________________

Mitch D.   River Falls, WI

Charter member of the "Cars apart Club"

Some Assembly Required

1966 Chevelle SS 396 M20

1970 Chevelle SS 396 M20



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

Lost in the 60s wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember that from last year. Posi carrier as was in the Corvette's.
We do have a differential expert in the club. He has the 3.36 carrier, I bought from your friend, and is rebuilding it.


 I think that was for your 62? Good to know we have an expert in the club.  I have a spare 3:36 10 bolt, backing plate to backing plate I could use while having my posi looked at.



__________________

Jim L

Lake City



President

Status: Offline
Posts: 1685
Date:
Permalink  
 

Jim which cam did you end up using, was it the lunati one we talked about?



__________________

Chris P
East Central, Mn

66 Chevelle 300 deluxe



2K+ Club

Status: Offline
Posts: 2413
Date:
Permalink  
 

67ss wrote:

Jim which cam did you end up using, was it the lunati one we talked about?


 Yes 20120120LK, I think that is the kit number.



__________________

Jim L

Lake City

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Chatbox
Please log in to join the chat!